I’m having a Trader Joe’s inspired week.
First, it was Tofu Edamame Nuggets. And now this.
I’ve been coveting Baron’s dark chocolate edamame ever since he scored some as a gift at the holidays.
These guys have a great crunch. The salt enhances the subtle sweetness of the chocolate and reminds me of chocolate covered pretzels.
Now that I’ve subtracted so much sugar from my food, I get equal satisfaction from a good crunch.
Who knew? Sweet is out and crunchy is in.
If you told me that 9 months ago, I would never, ever, ever have believed it was possible.
Even now, I hardly believe it.
Dark Chocolate Salted Edamame
Makes: About 8 servings, Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup non-GMO dry roasted edamame, lightly salted
- One 3.5 ounce 72% dark chocolate bar
- 1 T coconut oil
- Coarse Celtic sea salt
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds. Stir well to melt any remaining chunks. Stir in coconut oil.
- Drop edamame into chocolate and toss to coat.
- Drop onto baking sheet, separating clumps. Lightly sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Store in container in refrigerator.
Nutrition information: Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons, Calories: 97,Carbohydrates: 6.5g, Protein:6.9g, Fat:5.0g, Fiber:4.2g
Please note: Nutritional information will vary based on the ingredients used.